How to setup a discount based on a discount code
Posted by Beau Brown on 23 March 2010 02:08 PM
You can create a discount that applies once your customer enters a discount code. This is ideal for special promotions and sales.|
1. Go to the Cart32 web admin.
2. Choose the Cart Settings tab and select the Discount tab.
- Click Add Discount item
- Then click edit once the new discount appears
- Give the discount a Name for internal purposes
- Optionally, set a start and end date
- For condition 1, Base on - Discount Code
- Comparison - Equals
- Value - the code the customers will enter
- Discount Type choose how to apply, flat rate, percent off, etc.
- Specify the Amount. Ex. flat rate $5.50 is 5.50 or 10 percent off is 0.10
- Click Save. That sets up the discount.
- Then for the Discount code field to show on the cart pages, Choose the Discount Code tab.
- Set Get Discount Codes Before Check Out to Yes
- Click Save.