INTERNAL: How to repair a corrupted Cart32Control.ctlGenerateKeys file
Posted by Matt Marler on 12 March 2010 11:24 AM
Note: This process is for Cart32 Support Technicians only|
Note: There will be an additional file in v7 named Cart32Control7.ctlGenerateKeys
Process 1: Deleting the Cart32Control.ctlGenerateKeys file
1. Have the client open Internet Explorer if it is not already open
2. Click Tools--->Internet Options
3. Have them click the "Settings" button
4. On the screen that appears, have them click the "View Objects" button
5. Have the client right-click on the Cart32Control.ctlGenerateKeys file and select "Remove"
Process 2: Regenerating the Cart32Control.ctlGenerateKeys file
Note: The client must be using Internet Explorer for this procedure
1. Gain access to your test shopping cart
2. Set your password to something temporary so the client can gain access to the cart
3. Once inside the cart, have the client go to File--->Advanced.
4. Have the client click on the link to "regenerate public/private encryption keys"
5. On the screen that appears, have them click "Continue"
6. Note: if a screen appears at this point reporting that the client's browser does not support ActiveX, have them lower their security settings temporarily and allow ActiveX and go back one step
7. If ActiveX is allowed, a window should appear asking the client to install a cart32Control.cab file; have the client click "Install"
8. Once installed, the client should not go further through the process. Have them close their browser and reopen it. The file should be reinstalled