How to setup a discount based on a discount code (v8.0)
Posted by on 19 August 2011 09:11 AM
You can create a discount that applies once your customer enters a discount code. This is ideal for special promotions and sales.
1. Go to the Cart32 web admin.
2. Choose the Shopping Cart category and select the Discounts subcategory.
- Then click edit once the new discount appears
- Give the discount a Name for internal purposes
- Make sure that the Active box is checked, you can also select a start and end date but it is not required
- For condition 1, Base on - Discount Code
- Value - the code the customers will enter
- Discount Type choose how to apply, flat rate, percent off, etc.
- Specify the Amount. Ex. flat rate $5.50 is 5.50 or 10 percent off is 0.10
- Click Save. That sets up the discount, but there is one more step.
- For the Discount code field to show on the cart pages, Choose the Discount Settings tab located under the Shopping Cart settings-> Discounts subcategory -> Discounts Settings tab
- Set Get Discount Codes Before Check Out to Yes