Knowledgebase: Installing & Securing Cart32
Cart32 manual installation instructions
Posted by Beau Brown on 17 March 2010 04:02 PM
Sometimes the server prevents c32setup.exe from running properly. If for some reason the normal installation of Cart32 doesn't work, you can do a manual installation. The .dll file will not regsiter and will need to be manually registered after the installation.|
Note: This method is only recommended after you have attempted the standard installation methods. Please follow the precautions listed in the standard installation instructions before attempting this method.
1. Go to our download site (http://wwwcart32.com/download) and download c32setup.exe, c32files.exe, and msvbvm60.dll. Most likely if you've tried the setup program already, you have these files.
2. Create a temporary Cart32 directory on your hard drive of your local computer. Copy c32files.exe into this directory.
3. Run c32files.exe by double clicking it. It will extract all of the Cart32 files to that directory.
4. Using FTP, copy this Cart32 directory onto your web server in your cgi-bin directory.
5. From the temporary Cart32 directory, copy the files c32web.exe, cart32.dll, cart32.exe, and cart32control.cab to the root of your cgi-bin directory on the server. MSVBVM60.dll will also need to be uploaded to this directory if it has not been uploaded already.
6. Ensure the proper permissions are enabled on these files and folders. See Knowledge Base article Server Permissions for more information on how to set the permissions.
7. Go to http://[your domain]/cgi-bin/c32web.exe. Since the installation didn't complete before, it will automatically create and verify the databases. If you are upgrading, it will add the new features at this time also.
The manual installation should be complete at this point.