Setting up a new Client (Cart32 v6.x and v5.1)
Posted by Beau Brown on 25 March 2010 02:49 PM
*This is for Cart32 versions 5.1 and newer|
If you own your own license of Cart32, you have the ability to add at least one Client to your license as a functioning shopping cart. The steps below outline the creation of a new Client in your Cart32 web administration:
- Log onto your Cart32 web administration as the Administrator account.
- When you get to the administration page it will be divided into two sections, Client Administration and General Administration. Select Add Client from the Action dropdown list under the Client Administration section.
- A new page will display asking you to fill in the Client Code and password for the new Client. The Client Code will be the name that defines this client in your web administration. Duplicate Client Codes are not allowed.
- After filling in the Client Code you will need to create the password for this Client. More stringent security protocols require that the password must be at least seven (7) characters long and contain at least one (1) numeric character.
- After you have filled in the information for this new Client, click the Continue button. You will now be asked to setup encryption keys if you so desire. For information on encryption keys, please see Setting up public/private key encryption. The recommended choice is to choose "Skip This For Now" and begin setting up your new Client's cart settings. Encryption keys can always be added at a later date.