How To Run VerifyDatabases
Posted by Kyle on 11 November 2008 01:34 AM
Cart32 has a built-in feature to check the integrity of the database schema it uses. Here are the steps to run the verifyDatabases function.|
Running From A Web Browser
- Open your browser and navigate to http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/c32web.exe/verifydatabases. Where "www.example.com" is the domain where your Cart32 license is hosted.
- Enter your admin password for your Cart32 installation and click continue.
- The verification process should complete quickly unless your database is very large (several hundred megabytes or more).
Running From Command Line On A Server
If you need to run verifydatabases but cannot get to the function via a browser, you can use these steps to run the same function directly on the server:
- From the server where Cart32 is installed, go to Start --> Run and enter cmd, then click OK.
- Navigate to your Cart32 directory where your Cart32.exe and C32web.exe files are (this should be equivalent to where your cgi-bin folder/virtual directory points to from IIS).
- Run the following command: c32web.exe -verifydatabases
(Note: There is no progress indicator, except for a text file called ProgressStatus located in the cgi-bin/cart32 directory.)