How to set up the export orders feature in the shopping cart
Posted by Beau Brown on 23 March 2010 03:00 PM
The Export Orders feature allows you to export your Order Information to a text file or flat file, using a delimiter of your choice such as a comma (.csv file). To enable export orders:|
- In the Cart32 web admin, select the Enterprise --> Export Orders tab.
- Check the Export Data For This Client.
- Choose the fields you'd like to export by select a field on the left and click the arrow to move it to the right. The order of the fields can be changed by using the up and down arrows on for the right side.
- Select the Export File Type. Generally, Append data to one file is usually the better option, because it limits the number of files created.
- Enter the server file path to the directory you want to export the order information. Make sure this directory is secure.
- Choose the export format for the text file. The default is a file delimited, or separated, by commas. If you'd prefer a different delimiter, you can select "custom delimiter" from the Export Format dropdown, and then enter the custom delimiter (example: a semicolon) in the Custom Delimiter textbox.
The Export Orders section also has the option to set Order Item Information to export to the same file or to a separate file, depending on your preference. To enable order item export:
- Check the Export Order Item Data For This Client.
- Choose the fields you'd like to export.
- Select the Item File Type. Generally, Append data to one file is usually the better option, because it limits the data to one file rather than creating a file for each order.
- Enter the filepath to the directory you want to export the order item information. Make the filepath and filename the same as the order information file if you'd like all the data to export to one file. If you are hosted by Cart32, you will need to contact support for the correct path.
Exporting Previous Orders
Now that you have the order export setup, the export file will be created automatically for all new orders. If you wish to export order data for previous orders, this can be done by doing the following:
- Go to the Orders tab.
- Select the orders to export by checking the box next to the order. You may need to change the search date range to see the appropriate orders.
- Next, click the link Export Checked Orders. This will open a popup window.
- In the popup window, Right Click the link or links and choose Save Target As... and browse to the folder where you want to save the file.
Viewing the Order Export File
To view the order export file created automatically, you will need to do the following:
- Go to File >Advanced and click "Unhide orders and export files for 10 minutes".
- Now that the file is unhidden, you can download it using FTP. If you need a FTP account setup to access the file, please contact support.